Saturday, June 5, 2010

worth more than words

As promised, here is a picture tour of my walk to the store.
This is my apartment building. It is called Cityville, but because the Koreans can't say city, they call it shittyville.

Narrow sidewalks, but still they ride motorcycles down them.


Decoration, or something. Your guess is as good as mine.

Some street signs, I love the English. I would love it more if I knew what any of those places are.


The place on the corner, under the red sign is famous all over Seoul for its intestines. Does that tempt anyone to come and visit?


Finally, at the store! At home there is Wal Mart. In France there is Auchan. In Korea there is Emart!

And a few more pictures!

My first weekend here I went to a Doosan Bears baseball game.


The reason why all my clothes are still dirty


I went to Jongmyo Shrine yesterday

Jongmyo Shrine




Jongmyo Shrine



Some kids on a field trip (fun!) on a Saturday (not fun!)

3 comments:

jswanson04 said...

ummmm. who ISN'T enticed by the best intestines in seoul? geez. reason no. 54909 why i need to visit.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures, Laura. I love seeing the places you talk about! The pictures of the ballgame on FB were fun to see, also. Find out where that person took some of those other pictures, I want to see all of those places!!!!

Mom

anya said...

In the parlance of our times... this is off the hook! I blame my own ignorance entirely, but for some reason this isn't what I expected of Seoul. Your kids look absolutely adorable, and I just about melted with the "snack" tidbit. I can't wait for more!