Wednesday, June 16, 2010

let this melt your heart

I eat lunch with my kids. There are only two foreign teachers who have to do that, and I am one of them. Every day between 12 and 1, the lunch ladies bring and leave outside the door, a cart with 11 trays of food, 11 cups, a pitcher of water, a pan of rice, and a pan of soup. I give the kids their trays, then serve their rice and soup, while the cup helper passes out cups and the water helper spills water all over the tables, sometimes managing to get a little into the cups.
This month I am eating with my Big Dipper kids (not the ones from the pictures). This is the song they have to sing before they eat. I'll post pictures from todays pottery field trip at some point, tomorrow or Friday maybe.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeeeeeees! Love it.

Eliza

Unknown said...

hahahaa I KNOW THIS...BUT wait... though... why do you have to be one of the only foreign teachers who has to eat lunch with them? do you get a lunch break to yourself??? aaand who is the other teacher?

Unknown said...

hahahaa wait... though... why do you have to be one of the only foreign teachers who has to eat lunch with them? do you get a lunch break to yourself??? aaand who is the other teacher?

LBM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Maybe next month someone else will take a turn to monitor lunch?
Aunt Ann