Five years ago (wow, has it really been 5 years??) I had just finished student teaching. For 4 months, my life consisted of cramming in as much European history as possible at night, then teaching about it to high school students the next day. Fast forward a few years to France round 1. For 7 months, my life consisted of (among other things because I really didn't work much there) teaching about American holidays and playing tic tac toe with middle school students. This past year, during France round 2, my life consisted of singing Disney songs and playing "What's missing?" with 8 year olds. Now, I spend all day with 6 year olds. In 5 years, my life has gone from spending my time trying to learn about the War of the Roses to spending my time looking up kids songs on Youtube and eating lunch with 6 year olds.
There is one particular Youtube user "squetch" who is a favorite among the teachers at my school. Green Anaconda and Umbrella Bird are my kids' favorites. You should watch them. They're cute! I played The Iguana Song for the kids on Friday. It was not so popular, one of them said "teacher, no funny!"At the risk of sounding cheesy and cliche, I want to share this video with you. I came across it yesterday while looking for new songs for my kiddies. I don't think they would appreciate it yet, but I sure do, especially now, when I keep thinking about how long a year is. It's a really cute video, and a great reminder to take things one step at a time.
2 comments:
ABSOLUTELY. ADORABLE. I LOVE THIS.
Eliza
Post a Comment