Sunday, June 20, 2010

But will they actually hold liquid?

Wednesday was our field trip to the pottery center. Each of the kids made their own cup. We were supposed to go around and help our students. However, the tutorial they gave us before was all in Korean, so of course none of the foreign teachers knew exactly what we were supposed to do. Like everything else, some of the kids made perfect mugs, while other mugs were a bit more...abstract. Here are some pictures from that day.

Big Dipper and Cassiopeia rode in a bus together. I somehow got left in charge of all 19 kids, while my co-teacher rode in a van with other teachers. It wasn't bad, except for when we returned to school and I alone had to try to get them all back inside the building. Please note the purple trim on the bus window.


Hye Sun is being a ham.

Chae Hyun is trying to seem angelic. I know better.


At the pottery center, my kids have an inability to form a line.


Seung Hwan is so cute, but he always makes goofy faces in pictures.


Min Sol always looks confused, it is part of her charm.

R-L : Hye Rim, Hye Lim, Marly (my co teacher, you can just kind of see her face) and Seung Jo


The finished products

Playtime after they finished.


And this is from lunch back at school. I don't get a break until they are all done. There is always one student who eats slow, denying me of a break. That day it was Hye Sun.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice bus! White seat covers even...
Looks like the cups turned out pretty well!
Aunt Ann

Unknown said...

did you get to make your own mug too?

Anonymous said...

I agree w/ Aunt Ann--nice bus!! Looks like a fun outing for all.

Mom

Mary said...

And all these kids are available for adoption, right?

Anonymous said...

I sent this to Gma K., Laura! She loved seeing the pics, and your captions!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Babies!!!!!!!!!!!

-Eliza