My first attempt at laundry here ended with less than desirable results. The washer is a combination washer/dryer. I wanted to wash a few things that I did not want dried in the dryer. My poor knowledge of French washing machine vocabulary combined with the stained and torn to the point of near illegibility instruction manual lead to me having to pull my soaking wet clothes out of the washer, with several inches of water at the bottom of it. Now, every article of clothing that I have worn in the past week is hanging, dripping wet, in various spots around my room. I hope it doesn't soak through the floor into the offices below...plus I won't have clean and dry clothes for at least two days. My pajamas were in that load of laundry. Sad.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
ask and you shall receive
Here it is in all of its seatless glory, the topic of waaaaaaay too many of my conversations the past 3 months...please do enjoy, because Lord knows I sure as heck don't.

My first attempt at laundry here ended with less than desirable results. The washer is a combination washer/dryer. I wanted to wash a few things that I did not want dried in the dryer. My poor knowledge of French washing machine vocabulary combined with the stained and torn to the point of near illegibility instruction manual lead to me having to pull my soaking wet clothes out of the washer, with several inches of water at the bottom of it. Now, every article of clothing that I have worn in the past week is hanging, dripping wet, in various spots around my room. I hope it doesn't soak through the floor into the offices below...plus I won't have clean and dry clothes for at least two days. My pajamas were in that load of laundry. Sad.
My first attempt at laundry here ended with less than desirable results. The washer is a combination washer/dryer. I wanted to wash a few things that I did not want dried in the dryer. My poor knowledge of French washing machine vocabulary combined with the stained and torn to the point of near illegibility instruction manual lead to me having to pull my soaking wet clothes out of the washer, with several inches of water at the bottom of it. Now, every article of clothing that I have worn in the past week is hanging, dripping wet, in various spots around my room. I hope it doesn't soak through the floor into the offices below...plus I won't have clean and dry clothes for at least two days. My pajamas were in that load of laundry. Sad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
BRRRRRRRRRR!
oh man, the combo washer/dryers are such a freaking pain. heidi has one, and it NEVER gets anything completely dry. sure, it's great and all to have and not go to the laundromat, but, really, it's annoying to still have to hang everything.
oh yeah. it's actually fall here now. soon, winter. i miss our christmas tree.
loooove it.
Eliza
Yuck! I'd find a public restroom in a laundromat!!!
mom
Post a Comment