Monday, September 21, 2009

people like pumpkin, don't they?

I feel a bit sheepish writing this, given the one and only thing on my posted to do list from the last entry. BUT, I need pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving. French people fail to acknowledge both the merriment that is Thanksgiving AND the deliciousness that is pumpkin pie. So on my "things to bring" list, I of course had canned pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, and spices. I knew that the pumpkin would not be prominently displayed in the grocery store at this time of year. I assumed it would at least be available. I went to both grocery stores in town today. I found NOTHING, only empty spaces on the shelves where it should be. What gives? Was there a recall or something?
Sooo...who wants to mail me some pumpkin in a few months??? :)

3 comments:

Kate said...

Hey Laura,
I actually heard there is a shortage of canned pumpkin! Seriously, no joke. I have a can in my pantry though... it's yours if you come visit before you leave! (how's that for a bribe! ;o)
Kate

Kate said...

Here's a link:
http://www.kcci.com/weather/20818534/detail.html

Anonymous said...

I will mail you ice-tea flavored mints. enjoy.

-eli