Monday, September 14, 2009

BORDEAUX ROUND 2 TO DO LIST: NOT GAIN 13 LBS

After nearly 4 months of running running and more running, plus not eating baguettes all the time, I have finally lost the France weight, just in time to go back. Funny how that works...

I've been thinking a lot about the last 14 months of my life. A year ago, I never would have dreamed that I would be doing this again. A year ago, I was hoping to find some reason that I would keep me here. Obviously nothing came up. I don't feel quite the same way this year. I am sad to leave my family, but I am getting really excited to go back. I am excited to see a few familiar faces even if I won't have the greatest roommate EVER this time, excited to meet new people, and excited for a different school experience. I am going to be living at a private school this year. I will teach one extra day a week, in exchange for free housing. The place I am going to be living in basically like a dorm. There are 4 girls living there. We each have our own room, but shared bathroom and kitchen. It is a bit away from the city center, but every time I feel unsure about it, I just remind myself that it is FREE. Plus the English teacher from that school is meeting me at the airport in Bordeaux and giving me a ride back to the school. I am sooooo excited for that. Public transportation with 8 months worth of luggage is not fun.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

laaaaaauuuuuuuurrrraaaaa!!

I'm gonna miss you! have tons of fun and don't forget to log on to skype now and again. preferably during my waking hours.

-aaron

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're excited and I know that we're going to have wonderful discussions on gchat while I'm at work and you're going to bed. It just works so well. We need to do something awesome before you go!
love
Joni

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura! I'm looking forward to reading your blog again this year. How is the toilet seat situation?

Anonymous said...

Meant to sign my name to that previous comment---
Paula