Updates
Most of you know from Facebook that Olivet contacted me yesterday regarding their master's program. They decided they would be willing to take the money of someone who already has her teaching license. So, if all goes according to plan, I'll be starting there this fall. Unfortunately, the classes this fall are only at their Bourbonnais campus, not in Joliet. But, I can live with that. Regarding my ongoing practical vs. dreamer struggle, this is a big win for practical. It had to happen sometime. Grown up. 401K roth IRA dental insurance what now?
Most of you also know that I have huge problems leaving things alone. Whether it's the pint of ice cream in the freezer or the person I know I shouldn't contact, I can't ignore things. So, I spoke too soon when I said I would not be responding to young Alex from Coralville. When there is Ben and Jerry's in the freezer, I think about it nonstop until I have no choice but to eat it. When I have something I want to say, I think about it nonstop until have no choice but to say it, even when every voice in my head is saying "Stop. Don't. Have some pride. You make things awkward. Walk away." Young Alex's offer made me laugh, and he is such a cutie. So even though I said I wasn't going to reply, of course I did. I told him I didn't understand why he was having any trouble finding a lady friend for the "romantic fun" he was looking for. He wrote back that he agreed, as long as I said yes to his proposition, he wouldn't have trouble finding what he was looking for. Smooth, Young Alex, very smooth. This time, I really didn't respond. So today he wrote me again, and said I was the only woman he wanted for his "romantic fun" and he was a sucker for gorgeous Cubs fans. Smooth, Young Alex, smooth and a tad bit creepy. Now, it was when I received this last message that I started thinking perhaps Young Alex is catfishing me. I'm not the "only woman" for anyone online. Don't get me wrong, I have a fairly high opinion of myself. But I know that my awesomeness doesn't come across in all its glory until you've met me in person. As I've said before, I'm stupidly unphotogenic and don't take gorgeous pictures, ever. And can someone really know enough to say with certainty that I'm the "only one" based on a few corny lines from an "about me" section? No. No they cannot. So, for Young Alex to tell me after only a few brief exchanges that I'm the only one makes me think that he is full of crap. But, did I respond to him? Of course I did. Why? Because I am completely not capable of walking away from things and because I have a crush on Nev Schulman. If I let Young Alex catfish me long enough, I will email Nev my story, put on my prettiest dress, and wait for him to show up at my door with an MTV camera crew. I did seriously respond to Young Alex, and told him that while right now I am not looking for someone to pick out china patterns with, I am wanting more than a friends with benefits set up. Sorry, Young Alex from Coralville, who is probably actually middle aged Bruce from Cleveland.
Most of you know from Facebook that Olivet contacted me yesterday regarding their master's program. They decided they would be willing to take the money of someone who already has her teaching license. So, if all goes according to plan, I'll be starting there this fall. Unfortunately, the classes this fall are only at their Bourbonnais campus, not in Joliet. But, I can live with that. Regarding my ongoing practical vs. dreamer struggle, this is a big win for practical. It had to happen sometime. Grown up. 401K roth IRA dental insurance what now?
Most of you also know that I have huge problems leaving things alone. Whether it's the pint of ice cream in the freezer or the person I know I shouldn't contact, I can't ignore things. So, I spoke too soon when I said I would not be responding to young Alex from Coralville. When there is Ben and Jerry's in the freezer, I think about it nonstop until I have no choice but to eat it. When I have something I want to say, I think about it nonstop until have no choice but to say it, even when every voice in my head is saying "Stop. Don't. Have some pride. You make things awkward. Walk away." Young Alex's offer made me laugh, and he is such a cutie. So even though I said I wasn't going to reply, of course I did. I told him I didn't understand why he was having any trouble finding a lady friend for the "romantic fun" he was looking for. He wrote back that he agreed, as long as I said yes to his proposition, he wouldn't have trouble finding what he was looking for. Smooth, Young Alex, very smooth. This time, I really didn't respond. So today he wrote me again, and said I was the only woman he wanted for his "romantic fun" and he was a sucker for gorgeous Cubs fans. Smooth, Young Alex, smooth and a tad bit creepy. Now, it was when I received this last message that I started thinking perhaps Young Alex is catfishing me. I'm not the "only woman" for anyone online. Don't get me wrong, I have a fairly high opinion of myself. But I know that my awesomeness doesn't come across in all its glory until you've met me in person. As I've said before, I'm stupidly unphotogenic and don't take gorgeous pictures, ever. And can someone really know enough to say with certainty that I'm the "only one" based on a few corny lines from an "about me" section? No. No they cannot. So, for Young Alex to tell me after only a few brief exchanges that I'm the only one makes me think that he is full of crap. But, did I respond to him? Of course I did. Why? Because I am completely not capable of walking away from things and because I have a crush on Nev Schulman. If I let Young Alex catfish me long enough, I will email Nev my story, put on my prettiest dress, and wait for him to show up at my door with an MTV camera crew. I did seriously respond to Young Alex, and told him that while right now I am not looking for someone to pick out china patterns with, I am wanting more than a friends with benefits set up. Sorry, Young Alex from Coralville, who is probably actually middle aged Bruce from Cleveland.
No comments:
Post a Comment