Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thursday twofer

I forgot this, which I have been laughing about all day. It was yet another gem from Hye Rin, the hurt tape girl. In order to fully appreciate it, you really have to know her. She is weird. She is one of my favorites, but she is weird. Like I said before, she asks me daily if I am pregnant. She calls me mama. She spends a lot of time rolling around on the floor, and frequently gives me baby wipes (water tissues) as presents. I don't have a picture of her, so here is one I stole from the school's website.
She is the one in the pink polo shirt.


I start every day by asking how the kids are. It gives each one a chance to speak, as well as wastes a good 15 minutes of class time.
Me: Hye Rin, how are you today?
HR: I am happy and odd.
Me, thinking no way I heard that right: Did you say you are happy and sad?
HR: No, odd.
Me: You are what?
HR: Odd.
Me: Odd? Do you understand that word?
HR: Yes.
Me, trying not to laugh: Who told you that you are odd?
HR: My mother.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must bring back Hye Rin for me. And the black and white dress the girl next to her is wearing is darling too.
Mary

Anonymous said...

bAAAAHAHAHAH.
That girl has got it going on.

-Eliza

Randall said...

Hye Rin is MINE, I steal her.