Saturday, October 9, 2010

in the end, I'd still prefer the sound of the wind in the firs

Before I start, here is this. I like to exploit my kids' cuteness for the enjoyment of others. With my mom's birthday last week, I saw the perfect opportunity to do just that. Just in case you are not my mom's friend on FB, here it is again. Watch for the slap the occurs at the end. The boy is the worst behaved in my class, and spends most days sitting in the corner. The girl he slaps is the biggest bully in class, and the nemesis of the boy. So I have to break up fights between the two of them daily. I love my kids.


I went on a hike yesterday. I'm not a hiker. Case in point: last weekend I went out to buy hiking clothes (or just clothes that would be suitable to wear hiking) and came home with two new pairs of pajama pants and zero articles of hiking attire. So I'm not really sure why I agreed to go on this hike because it was serious hiking business. But I thought what the heck, and what a great decision. It was without a doubt one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. It would seem surreal, except that my legs are in excessive amounts of pain today.
I'll write more about my hike later. I'm tired and have a stomach full of practice Thanksgiving (aka Canadian Thanksgiving) dinner.
Here's two pictures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures, Laura!
Sore legs are worth it!
Aunt Ann

Marcy said...

I agree with Ann, great pics! Thanks for sharing, Laura!

Kate said...

omg I am laughing so hard at that video!