Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Red snappers snappin, clam shells clappItin

An egg white omelet. Howard Dean trying to appear sane after the squeal heard around the world. Crystal Pepsi and Coke 2. Any movie with Nicolas Cage. Most tv show spin offs. The DeLorean. The XFL. Rick Rockwell and Darva Conger's marriage.

That is my list of things that just don't really work, my list of all things fail. After Monday, I learned first hand one more thing I can add to that list-Korean sun screen.

I spent the last few days at Jeju with ma mere. Jeju is SO beautiful, words cannot describe it. On our first full day there, we decided to park ourselves on the beach and enjoy the sunny skies and 80+ degree day. Having spent very little time outside this summer, my skin was close to its normal winter color of don't look directly at it without special glasses white. Sunscreen was a must. After about 4 stores not having any, my mom found one store that had SPF 40. Perfect...except that it doesn't work. All week I've been sporting one of the worst sunburns I can ever remember. It's one of those burns that almost looks purple in some spots. Ouch. But today it is getting better. It no longer hurts to wear clothes or move.

Also, Koreans don't wear bathing suits. They swim in normal clothes. I even saw one lady wearing socks. And yes, she did get into the water wearing them.

2 comments:

jswanson04 said...

this reminds me of is eating red snapper at the ranch house. do you remember that place? just outside of bureau off of ... um, 26? going toward peoria? that weird lake off to the right, and the quarry.

ok, i should probably go to bed before i bring more up random thoughts.

jswanson04 said...

or, perhaps, before i invert more words. good grief.