Friday, January 8, 2010

Just don't ask me what exactly a smooth criminal is

Friday conversations:

Kid A: Do you understand the words in Michael Jackson's songs?
Me: Yes, of course.
Kid: You do???? Really? OOOOOOH! I love Michael Jackson, but I don't understand any of his songs.

Kid B: Hello Laura! I am happy! How are you? (said that in English, which makes it super cute)
Me: Hello Coralie. I am happy too.
Kid B: I like your earrings.
Me: Thank you.
Kid B: Will you give them to me?
Me: No.
Kid B: You are very beautiful and nice. I like your eyes.
Me: Thank you.
Kid B: Please, can I have your earrings?

6 comments:

Joni said...

Seriously? You wouldn't just give the kid you earrings? What kind of teacher are you? You're SUPPOSED to give the shirt off your back if it helps them learn. j/k. I'm sure that those are the only words the kid new in English. How to beg. A very important skill to master.

mananas said...

awwwwwwww

Anonymous said...

that kid knows how to get what he wants...

eli

Anonymous said...

You must have some lovely earrings, Laura. Can I have them?

LBM said...

Joni,
She said it in French (except for "how are you?"), and she's 7. Sooo...it wasn't really insulting, just cute :P

And anonymous, yes I do have lovely earrings. I make it a point to buy nothing less. But no, you may not have them. Sorry. But if you tell me who you are, perhaps we can go shopping sometime.

Anonymous said...

Laura,
Believe it or not, I have a first grade student who is in the process of growing up to be a smooth criminal! He is a B.D. student, already acquainted with the police and fire marshall, but he is suave and very likable!
He even likes Michael Jackson, and Smooth Criminal is one of his fav songs!
Love, Aunt Ann