Going back to my issue with the horrible horrible milk here, I started thinking this morning that David Sedaris wrote something about milk in Me Talk Pretty One Day, which is an absolutely hilarious book that everyone should read if you haven't already. Lack of suitcase space forced me to leave that book at home, but I got online to try and find what he wrote about it. I laughed out loud when I found it, because it is oh so true.
“…nothing is more disgusting than a glass of milk, especially French milk, which comes in a box and can sit unrefrigerated for five months, at which point it simply turns into cheese and is moved to a different section of the grocery store.”
8 comments:
So, can you think of anyway I can bring over a gallon of fresh milk for you???
Mom
you should look into buying a cow, i think. you could sell the extra even. i mean, you can't be the ONLY person in france who wants actual milk. right?
-aaron
Every time you talk about milk, it makes me want a big glass. But then, I think what good would that be without some of your delicious chocolate chip cookies. I thought you might hide some here for me to eventually find, but so far, no luck. So, if you indeed did hide some for me, can you give me a hint where they might be?
Love,
Your cookieless father.
I want to leave a family comment!
"family comment"
-Eliza
You're all a bunch of goofballs!!!!!!!!
Laura: Do you think you could instruct your parents and siblings on how to gain an identity on this blog? I mean, don't you think it's sort of creepy that all of them go by Anonymous?
I can't even believe I am suggesting this but.........how about some Powdered milk! Compared to "French Milk" it might taste GREAT!! (remember compared to..not like real milk)
I have an important question!!! (related to strange french food stuff, though not milk exactly)
If there's no peanut butter in France, what do they put on their mouse traps??????
An answer would be most appreciated, it's going to be bothering me until I find out!
Post a Comment