In an alternate universe, I'm packing for my new job in Korea while dreaming of all the delicious food I'm about to eat. I'm leaving in a few days, because my job starts next week!
In reality, I'd best go throw my work uniform in the wash before spending yet another Saturday night at work. And, it's snowing again.
Learning to appreciate where I am is a struggle for me, because I'm usually dreaming of being somewhere else, especially right now.
I talked to a friend in Korea, who is just finishing up another year at a private school in Korea. She told me I'd made a very wise choice to not return to work at a hagwon, and that she'd never do it again. Her words helped, but I still spend a lot of time wondering if I've made the right choice. I know there are loads of cheesy pictures floating around the internet, with messages about not regretting things, not looking back, etc. Those pictures are nice and they make great "inspirational" boards on Pinterest. Truthfully though, they don't do much for me. They don't change how I think. Isn't it normal to wonder about the choices you made, the road you didn't take?
Once time travel is perfected, I'll have my answers. And I know time travel will happen. The cell phone using time traveler in that Charlie Chaplin movie is proof of that. Youtube, if you haven't seen it. (Mom, please don't give me a scientific explanation of what that could be. It's obviously a time traveler, no other possibilities.)
Side note-I LOVE the Olympics. I was in Spain during the last Olympics, so I missed most of them. Sad. That was 4 years ago! Sad again. But my DVR is all booked up for the next 18 days. And I'm psyched.
In reality, I'd best go throw my work uniform in the wash before spending yet another Saturday night at work. And, it's snowing again.
Learning to appreciate where I am is a struggle for me, because I'm usually dreaming of being somewhere else, especially right now.
I talked to a friend in Korea, who is just finishing up another year at a private school in Korea. She told me I'd made a very wise choice to not return to work at a hagwon, and that she'd never do it again. Her words helped, but I still spend a lot of time wondering if I've made the right choice. I know there are loads of cheesy pictures floating around the internet, with messages about not regretting things, not looking back, etc. Those pictures are nice and they make great "inspirational" boards on Pinterest. Truthfully though, they don't do much for me. They don't change how I think. Isn't it normal to wonder about the choices you made, the road you didn't take?
Once time travel is perfected, I'll have my answers. And I know time travel will happen. The cell phone using time traveler in that Charlie Chaplin movie is proof of that. Youtube, if you haven't seen it. (Mom, please don't give me a scientific explanation of what that could be. It's obviously a time traveler, no other possibilities.)
Side note-I LOVE the Olympics. I was in Spain during the last Olympics, so I missed most of them. Sad. That was 4 years ago! Sad again. But my DVR is all booked up for the next 18 days. And I'm psyched.
No comments:
Post a Comment