I forgot to address a serious matter in my last post.
I'm talking about this.
Why? Why NBC? Why? WHYYYYYY? As if making us suffer through a decade of "Friends" wasn't bad enough? What terrible thing did we do to deserve this lump of coal?
I was always more or less indifferent to Carrie Underwood. Some of her songs were okay, but I'd never spend money on them or willingly listen to them. She wasn't my favorite. But she was by no means my least favorite. Until now.
As much as I love movie musicals, this musical is already a movie and a great one at that. LEAVE IT ALONE, NBC! Those songs are only allowed to be sang by Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer, and me when I'm in my car.
I haven't looked to see who the rest of the cast is. I'm a little scared I'll see "Kevin Jonas as Rolf" or "Clay Aiken as the lovable Uncle Max"
Carrie Underwood and NBC have ruined Christmas.
The worst thing about this is that I know come December 5, I'll be parked in front of the TV with my hot chocolate and popcorn, because I can't not watch it. Impossible. But as you lay your head on the pillow that night, if you listen closely I'm sure you'll be able to hear me crying myself to sleep.
I'm talking about this.
Why? Why NBC? Why? WHYYYYYY? As if making us suffer through a decade of "Friends" wasn't bad enough? What terrible thing did we do to deserve this lump of coal?
I was always more or less indifferent to Carrie Underwood. Some of her songs were okay, but I'd never spend money on them or willingly listen to them. She wasn't my favorite. But she was by no means my least favorite. Until now.
As much as I love movie musicals, this musical is already a movie and a great one at that. LEAVE IT ALONE, NBC! Those songs are only allowed to be sang by Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer, and me when I'm in my car.
I haven't looked to see who the rest of the cast is. I'm a little scared I'll see "Kevin Jonas as Rolf" or "Clay Aiken as the lovable Uncle Max"
Carrie Underwood and NBC have ruined Christmas.
The worst thing about this is that I know come December 5, I'll be parked in front of the TV with my hot chocolate and popcorn, because I can't not watch it. Impossible. But as you lay your head on the pillow that night, if you listen closely I'm sure you'll be able to hear me crying myself to sleep.
1 comment:
Oh Laura!! I had the same feeling. WHAT are they thinking? Her nasally voice just doesn't hold a candle to Julie Andrews!! When the commercial comes on I have to mute it.
Post a Comment