Good morning!
I still at some point plan on writing all about the lovely place I've called home the past three weeks. I've gotten more used to it, but sharing a kitchen with Koreans is gross. Every morning I walk into the kitchen to fill my cup with hot water for some instant coffee (my coffee maker shattered, sob), and I'm hit with different smells. This morning was fish and kimchi. Yesterday morning a guy was in there cooking ramen noodles with what smelled like hot pepper sauce. It will forever be a mystery to me how an entire country of people can be so confused about what breakfast is.
But questioning breakfast choices is not the reason for this blog update. I have some exciting news! It's something I've dreamed about since I was young.
And unlike the big announcements made my most people my age, I'm not getting married, nor am I having a baby. This is something I've wanted for so much longer. And something I want much more than either of those. Sorry mom, no grandkids at this time.
I'M GOING TO INDIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bold, all caps, and excessive exclamation marks mean this is serious business. I love all the places I've been. I'd love to go visit again any of those places. But India India India! I've never been more excited to travel anywhere. I've never wanted to visit any place so badly. This is the trip of a lifetime with one of my favorite people ever. I'm a lucky lucky girl!
I don't remember when exactly my desire to go there started. But it's been growing for years now. I always thought of going when I was here before, but working in a private school only allowed me a week of vacation twice a year. India deserves more time than that.
I'm a bartender, substitute teacher, and soon to be laid off English camp teacher. So financially, is this the smartest thing I've ever done? Hahahahahhahaha, right.
India intrigues me. It excites me. It intimidates me. It's one of those places I feel like I really have to see it in person before I believe it actually exists outside of books, Google image, and Bollywood movies.
Now it's time to shower and go to work. Since booking my flights, I've truthfully had a lot of trouble staying focused on teaching. I am thinking nonstop of curry and bright fabric. I'm leaving March 2. I think a paper chain will be made soon.
1 comment:
That's so exciting!!! Everyone I know who has visited there loved it, and the pictures are so beautiful. I have a good friend who lived there (near Mumbai I think), but if you have any logistics type questions let me know, he may be able to help.
Katie O
Post a Comment