Kimbap shop dinner, followed by an evening of Facebook, blogging, and lesson planning is what happens when one works all day on Saturday. Truthfully, I kind of forgot it was even Friday night until an hour or so ago. I realized this morning, having a 6 day work week makes me lose all concept of what day it is. Mondays still feel like Mondays, only a little steroided up. Tuesdays-Fridays feel like just days, with no real distinction between them. Saturdays are kind of exciting, if I don't think too much about the fact that the weekend is only one day long. I didn't think working 6 days a week would be that big of a deal, since between subbing and PQ, most weeks I do work 6 days. But I was wrong. Working from 9-5, 6 days a week is garbage. For many Koreans, it is the norm. Thankfully, I'm not Korean, so I'm allowed to complain about it.
But anyway, my coworkers and I do try to do stuff after work, to break up the week. As I said before, usually it just involves food...or watching the Bachelor since the new season has started. But this evening we decided to go check out Hwaseong Fortress. I'd tell you all about it, but since we all have access to Google, I'll save myself the typing, and allow those of you who are interested in what it is to look it up.
I didn't have my camera, only my ipod. And my fingers were frozen. And it was getting dark by the time we got there. So the pictures aren't the best, but it was cool. I can imagine it being a wonderful place when the weather is nice. It was a wonderful place this evening, just not somewhere I wanted to linger very long. Brr!
I seriously love this country. Sometimes I hate it. But mostly I love it.
1 comment:
I am jealous, I would LOVE to see that fortress!! It looks huge!
Mom
Post a Comment