Monday, November 14, 2011

team change

Thanks for reading this. I will write more frequently when I have things to write about, but in my current state of unemployment, it is difficult to find the subject matter. Anywho, I'm not abandoning "I'm Not Home" simply because I am.
I made an interesting realization the other day. All my life, I've always thought of Europe as kind of a perfect place. The buildings are beautiful. The food is flavorful. The people are sophisticated and stylish. I spent the last year and a half dreaming of my return. Turkey definitely has that European feel to it, but what I realized while I was there is that I am now an Asia girl. When I think about my top places to visit list, Germany, Italy and Greece no longer make the cut. I want Mongolia, Vietnam, Japan, Taiwan, Bali, and India. Asia is big, cheap (minus Japan), busy, and exciting. The food is awesome and sometimes a bit scary. The fashion has way more creativity than that in Europe, and costs a whole lost less. And, I know I've said it once and I'll keep saying it because I can't stress how true it is-the subway is Seoul is AWESOME. 90 cents a ride, pristine, and easy to use.
Despite being led to Korea under false pretense ("Laura, you'll love it!" was code for "Please go to Korea, because I get $300 if you do"), I really did love it. I miss it. And I can't stop thinking about how delicious and warming a bubbling hot bowl of kimchi jjigae would be on this dreary and rainy fall day.
I have been trying to put some pics from Istanbul on here, but blogger has other plans. So that probably won't happen.
But here's some good advice-add "go to Asia" on your bucket list. You won't regret it.

No comments: