My last box of stuff I shipped from Korea arrived yesterday. I am now reunited with all my stuff. Shipping via boat is awesome, and the US should offer that option. It takes about 5 weeks, but the cost is minimal. The most I paid for a box was about $30, and these were BIG boxes, full of heavy things like books, purses, boots, coats, etc. But it's been weird to open my boxes. Everything still smells like my apartment in Seoul. It makes me homesick for Seoul and the tiny bit of space that was entirely mine. I miss my little apartment. The piece de resistance (yes, I know that is supposed to have accents, but I have issues with including accents when typing on an English keyboard, just unnecessary and slightly pretentious) was my SLP 2010 DVD, which immediately upon receiving I forced my mom to watch. She was a good sport and watched a lot of it. Others who see me in the next couple months should expect the same. Bring a comfy seat and some popcorn!
I've been subbing a decent amount since I got my name on the sub list. This past week I subbed in a kindergarten class and a junior high special ed class. It's been ok. I honestly liked the 4th grade the best, I think. The kindergartners were cute, but there was one boy in the class who ruined it. That is a topic for a whole different blog post, so I will not get into that now.
No comments:
Post a Comment