Tomorrow, I start working with 8 and 9 year olds. I will be teaching them "Hello. My name is...What is your name?" And I am terrified. I really have no idea why. If the kids don't learn a single word of English the entire year, I still have my college diploma. I still get paid. The teachers might talk for a bit about their awful English assistant from the year before, but I will soon be forgotten, and I will never see them again. SO, what difference does it make? NONE. Why am I so nervous??
Here are some pictures! :)
This is my new "home" My room is on the top floor. The second and first floors are school offices of some kind or another.
One of the reasons I came back, a sunny Sunday morning at Chartrons...
This is a random GARAGE. In a perfect world, every garage would have at least one gargoyle.
Some ivy growing on the side of a church near where I live
And then we have this. Nothing much to say, except that when you find half a pair of glasses in the bargain bin at Target, they have to be tried on. And Eliza doesn't just try things on, she poses.
3 comments:
You'll be fiiiiiine. The kids will be so adorable, it won't even matter either way.
Love the pics, minus one.
Missssss you.
Eliza
laura; when in doubt, fake it. you will be ok. grammpa m
Laura,
The kids will soak in knowledge (English is this case) and they will love you!
That is my prediction!
Love, Aunt Ann
Post a Comment