
I have never before taken such an instant dislike to someone. Maryse introduced me to her shortly after I arrived home from Morroco. I had been traveling the last two days. I had not had any clean clothes for almost a week. All I really wanted to do was shower, read through 2 weeks of email, and unpack. But Maryse asked "Laura, can you talk to her?" So I was like whatever, I can put off the showering for a bit longer to be hospitable to the new girl. We had been talking for a few minutes, and despite being tired and gross, I was really trying to be social. Suddenly said "Do you mind if I turn on the tele? There is a game show on that I really love" I thought to myself, wow. She is polite. But all I said was "Sure, no problem" I passed her the tv remote and started sorting through my emails. A few minutes later, she was still struggling to figure out the tv, so she asked me what was wrong with it. I said "I have no idea. I never watch the tv" So then she was like "Can you please just get up and look at it?" I gave her my "are you kidding me?" look, but I got up. Of course I had no idea, so I told her again "I don't watch the tv. I don't know" So then she rolled her eyes, and after a few more minutes, she got it to work and was lost in the world of French game shows. I used this opportunity to sneak off and shower and pretend that the new roommate did not just choose French tv over conversation with me.A day or two passed, and a problem kept plaguing Anya and me-neither of us knew her name. We started calling her "NBG", short for Nameless British Girl. Things with NBG have really just gone from bad to GRRRRRR.
have never in my life met anyone so unfriendly. I would make excuses for her, but there are none. She has clearly never had a roommate before because there is no way he/she would not killed her. She has a complete inability to clean her dishes. Rather, she rinses them, leaving the majority of her cooked on food still in the pans/plates. She has the tv on CONSTANTLY, and so loud that people sitting at the kitchen table cannot talk. It does not matter if we are playing music, sitting talking, etc. She will walk in, and not even ask if we mind if she turns the tv on. She buys gigantic bags prepared food, and just throws it in the fridge. Usually it seems to land on my fragile fresh produce, like strawberries. She bought a guitar, and plays it all the time. So when we aren't listening to the tv, we are forced to listen to her "play" this cheap guitar. She never cleans her hair out of the shower, nor does she clean her toothpaste out of the sink. She never takes out the trash. She never wipes her food spills off the counter top. She leaves her books, coats, sweaters, etc laying all over the living/dining room. And yesterday she informed us that she was going to start working from home, meaning she will be home all day, every day. And here is the best part-she will be using the internet. There are 4 of us that share the internet connection, and she thinks it will be okay for her to be on it 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Combine all this with her just completely unpleasant personality, and it just makes for a really uncool situation.
8 comments:
wow. she sounds like a piece of work. And not a fun one to be around AT ALL. good luck with that... how many more days?
ACK!
ACK ACK ACK!
leaving aside the fact that your landlady breakfast problems make me want to punch things, you HAVE to do something about the internet connection. i'll pine if i don't get regular chats with you. email me, i'll tell you how to remove her computer's internet compatibility the next time she foolishly leaves it lying about.
kisses!
-aaron
PS - tell her she's not M.I.A. and never will be.
Yikes! I think the pictures say it all. At least you have someone to share clothes with now (kidding!).
katie g
When I saw the picture with your post, I thought you were about to tell us you were living with a drag queen and that your landlady had just signed on to be on "The Real World: Bordeaux." I'm starting to think that might be a better situation for you. My goodness, you always get the worst roommates!
mary g
hahaha. if she had a good personality, she looks like she'd be a riot. too bad she's apparently a c***. yeah, i said it. the bar's changed me. :)
laura. umm... funniest post over. it's 3.17 in the morning and i'm sitting on the couch after my accidental six hour "nap," trying not to pee in my pants. [i'm too scared to go through the crypt and up to the bathroom.] i'm actually surprised i haven't woken you up with my hysterical giggling. those pictures are precious and should definitely be added to the archive of photos to take home. awesome. thumbs way up. way to represent.
Change of plans. May 11th- I get introduced to her. Paris can wait.
-Eliza
Post a Comment