Yesterday I saw a large mob of people outside of St. Andre. They were kneeling, and singing. Then there was a line of police officers. On the other side of the line of police officers, was another mob of people, carrying banners that said things like "keep your prayers away from our ovaries" and they were chanting something. I could not understand what they were chanting. Then they starting fighting with the police officers. Gas and night sticks were used. It got ugly.
Then, an hour or so later, I saw a random band-3 trombones, 3 saxophones, 4 trumpets, a tuba, a snare drum, and a bass drum. They played classics such as Objection (Tango) by Shakira, the Mario Bros. theme, and a Thriller/Billy Jean Michael Jackson number, complete with the dance from the music video. It was probably the coolest thing that I have ever seen.
My only regret from yesterday is that my camera was laying on the kitchen table.
6 comments:
oh the french. what a weird breed. I'm Soooooo happy I got to talk to you today!!!
-Eliza
Hmmm. I prefer peoples prayers are not in my ovaries also. I wish you had your camera too. I can't wait until you come back!
-Joni
i think this teaches you to never leave your camera at home. :)
I like the new look of your blog!
you ought to start carrying a sign that says "keep your jingles out of my shoes" or "macaroni is not art!!". If anyone asks about it, attack.
Merry Christmas! Scott decorated already, despite my pre-thanksgiving protests, but the tree is my territory and it doesn't go up till December (and i'm afraid rox will destroy it in any case).
hi laura ; i hope i can figure how to comment/ we will see. keep the good stuff coming. christmas is coming too. grampa m
Post a Comment