A few weeks ago, my housemates and I had a discussion about all of the random stuff Maryse has in the house. There are armoirs and closets in every room, and they are all full of stuff. My favorite is the one in our dining room that 3 rifles, or shot guns, or some type of gun in it.

Catherine was laughing that Maryse has a cabinet full of slippers in Catherine's extra room (both of the bedrooms downstairs have random little closet/changing rooms off of them, my extra room is bigger than my bedroom in my Chicago apt). So last night I was walking from my bedroom into the living/dining room, and Maryse stopped me. She said asked me if my feet were cold. I said no, they were fine. Then she pointed to my socks and said something that I didn't understand. So then she made me come with her into Catherine's (now actually Anya's since Catherine left) little extra room. She opened up the cabinet, and sure enough, it was FULL of slippers. She then asked me what shoe size I am, and I replied that I did not know my European shoe size. So then she grabbed my large American foot, and started cramming it into this little French slipper. And she continued rooting through all of the slippers in the cabinet until she found some that fit me. So now I feel like I have to wear these little slippers around the house or I will offend her. Or else I could put them in my closet with the leather coat, and three sweaters that Maryse has given me other times in the month and a half that she has thought that I have been underdressed.
And as I was sitting here writing she just came in and told me that I should go for a walk. I told her I would like to, but that I wanted to start preparing my lessons for tomorrow, to which she answered "That is not important"
5 comments:
Oh Laura, she sounds like a wonderful and thoughtful woman, but she might be a little paranoid with all the guns. Is she afraid that Hitler's going to invade again?
-Joni
Laura; as long as Maryse is willing to give all your US relatives her personal tour of her favorite wine country, zooming between open gates with signs clearly stating "fermer", claiming, "You are very lucky! This Chateau is never open!", then trying to get into all closed doors, etc., just wear her slippers and leave her guns alone!
Mom
Hehe, she sounds like a character. If nothing else, it sounds like she may provide great fodder for blog material and your future book :)
Katie G
HAH! Did she comment in french about your gross second toenail?
-Eliza
an extra closet bigger than your bedroom in our apartment??? good grief!
Post a Comment