Saturday, September 27, 2008

better better better!!!!

The past day and a half have been amazing. We found a place to live. It is not available until Nov 1, so I am spending the next month with a host family. It is an older woman that speaks no English. I'm super excited because it will be an awesome chance to practice my French.
So...yeah. Now that the housing problem is over, I am sooo happy. This city is beautiful. I've met some really really interesting people from all over, I go to meet my teachers Monday, and things are just really good, aside from this stupid French keyboard that I can't type on to save my life.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you, Laura! That's great. You'll have a great time, and I hope that the old lady is nice. Who have you been traveling and looking at apartments with? I saw on Craigslist for Bordeaux that there was some girl in the same program as you looking. She was 22. Anyway, good luck next week and I'm so glad.
-J

Maria Gold said...

Sounds wonderful Laura! Can't wait to see pictures. The Cubs beat Milwaukee and the Mets won today so that makes BG very happy. Have a great time exploring.

jswanson04 said...

wow. yay! that must be so relieving. i finally remembered to catch up on your blog. now if we can just catch up on the phone ... :) we will. soon.

Anonymous said...

Hooray!

Anonymous said...

- Eliza

btw