Sunday, September 21, 2008

the boys will not be watching playoffs from their living rooms!!!!!

So this has nothing to do with France, but I really don't sleep anymore, and I wanted to write this everywhere because I LOVE IT-Cubs are the NL Central CHAMPS for the second year in a row! I didn't see the game because I was at the football game this afternoon, but I taped it. So I'll probably go watch it now.
I'm so excited for the next couple weeks to get over. It's exhausting to think about one thing, and on thing only all of the time. I've been running a lot more, because it helps me deal with things. However, it has been killing my legs. Yesterday afternoon I ran 8 miles, then didn't stretch or ice anything because I had to go somewhere. So by last night my legs and knees hurt so much that I could barely drive. Ouch. :( It's super frustrating because I really want to try for the marathon next fall, but anytime I do anything over 5 miles, my knees are in so much pain that I can barely walk the next day. I've done everything the doctor told me to do, and they just don't get any better. Sad.


I started a shutterfly account for my pictures. I think I know how to use it, but my pictures will probably not be in any order because I'm lazy like that. But the address is pinkchickens.shutterfly.com

2 comments:

Kate said...

Yay! Go cubs! Did you see my dad's blog post this morning: http://newsconference.blogspot.com/2008/09/go-cubs-go.html

I'm looking forward to reading about your experiences in France! Thanks for sharing this. Make sure someone records the Cubs games for you so that you can re-watch them for the next... 100 years? (hopefully not)

Have a great trip!
Kate
p.s. stupid knees... mine won't let me run past 4 miles right now for no apparent reason. I feel your pain.

Maria Gold said...

Ok Laura so I must confess.............My new ringtone for my cell is GO CUBS GO!!!!!!! Can't help it! I was at the mall in Peoria and Bobby called me twice, sales people stopped in their tracks. They all LOVED it. It's infectious!