Monday, May 26, 2014

jump in

So Corey Crawford, what's the problem? Now is not the time to forget how to play. Get it together, buddy.

I've decided this is the week I'm going to bite the bullet and actually meet someone from Okcupid. I'm going to do it! Aside from the Casanovas I wrote about in my last post, I actually have been messaging with a few seemingly okay guys. There's one in particular that I've been texting for a week or two now. I think he will be my first post break up date. He is from Istanbul but has lived here for several years. He seems okay because in the few weeks we've been messaging, he's not once said anything inappropriate, no innuendos, etc. He likes outside stuff, cooking, biking, and South Park. All pluses. My main concern (aside from the obvious ending up in a Hefty bag in the trunk of his car) is that he seems to be a little too focused on money for my liking. He has his PhD in engineering and works in Peoria. That's legit. I used my stellar online stalking skills to find his Linkedin page and some information about research he did when he was in grad school. But, he brings up money, expensive toys, etc. more than my liking. He hasn't said anything about Turkish food causing a burning in my loins, so if a little too much money talk is the worst thing about it, I can live with that for my first post break up date.


Dating again is scary.






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!!

-Katie O

anya said...

Ahhhhhh! Give me the deets, girl!

Kate said...

Good luck, have fun!! All the PhDs in engineering I know are a bit strange, but much less so than PhDs in math... so there's that. ;)

Anonymous said...

Keep us posted! - Jamie

Anonymous said...

it IS scary but you'll do great. this guy sounds promising. more than a day without saying something awful is impressive for a man, tbh. -KD