Note- I will not be spell checking this, proofreading to make sure it makes sense, etc. I'm on my iPod, and that's too much work.
Whooooooa Nelly! India. I've been here a week now, and right now I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to put it into words. I know pictures will not explain it either. I've never been anywhere that is SO different. India makes everywhere else I've been seem normal. It is intense, most of the time exhausting, exciting, delicious, sometimes sad, sometimes a big scary, and always incredibly dirty. I kind of hate saying that last bit, because I feel like it's kind of mean. I've been a lot of places that other people have described as dirty. I've always disagreed, and found it kind of disrespectful and negative. Buuuuuut, India is dirty. I'm not being negative, just observing. I'm not sure that city waste management exists here. Rather there are just piles of garbage everywhere. Cows, pigs, goats, and dogs root through piles, picking out tasty bits. The garbage that the animals don't eat gets burned. Bam, problem solved. No need to spend tax dollars on garbage men here, but there are smoldering piles of trash everywhere.
So much else, but my iPod is so unfun to type on. So here's a quick run down-
Crazy insane ridiculous traffic
Rickshaws
Delicious food that might give me Delhi belly
Smells, mostly foul.
Animals everywhere
Everyone wants a tip
I got hennaed today, and unlike my henna sneak attack in Morocco, I asked for this one.
Stares
Trains
I fed monkeys today! One of them crawled up and was hanging on my arm. He was so cute, like a super hairy baby. Only unlike human babies, I didn't feel uncomfortable holding this baby, and there was no new mom anxiously standing nearby reminding me to "support the head"
Cold showers
Hot sun
Very over the top friendly locals
Flickering power
Beautiful clothes and bare tummies






3 comments:
This sounds amazing and I love the pictures!
Watch out for those monkeys!!!!!!!
Mom
so. cool. i live vicariously through you.
Post a Comment