Monday, July 9, 2012

hiatus

 I haven't abandoned this. I just haven't had much motivation/inspiration to write anything in the past month. I actually have 4 half written entries saved, and they were shaping up to go nowhere, so they will probably remain in the draft folder forever. Hopefully soon I'll feel a bit of motivation again, but in the meantime, here's a few pictures.


4th of July was a bit warm! I guess this is what we get for enjoying 80 degree days in March. But it was a great day nonetheless. I went swimming, ate grilled food, and watched fireworks. What more could a person want for the 4th of July? 


3 years ago this month, this kitty showed up at our house. He was fur and bones, so scared of people, and most importantly had a bunch of extra toes on each paw. Eliza and I started feeding him, and thankfully he stayed because he is the sweetest buddy. He is no longer fur and bones. He is way less scared of people. And he is still polydactyl.  He is a little slow ("I wish he were 20 times smarter so he'd be like a normal cat" is how my dad describes him), and lacking the usual quickness and agility of cats. But one of my favorite things about him is that his tongue hangs out a lot. Usually it's just the tip, but last night this happened. 


1 comment:

Kate said...

nice picture! And I had to laugh at your dad's comment. But I think the extra toes make up for any other deficiencies! How's the baking going?