Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I will grow up where I'll wander wild and free

Sooo, for those of you I haven't told yet-I'm leaving for Korea a week from Friday. I got my eticket yesterday. My first response was to cry. My first response lasted for 30 minutes or so. I snapped out of it, and I've been thinking positive thoughts since then. And in the past 24 hours I've even felt some feelings of excitement. Those feelings have been fleeting, but they are there.
I know I'll be fine once I am eating kimchi jjigae and wandering the aisles of cheap clothing, but goodbyes waiting for me next week are all too familiar, yet they never seem to get any easier. The anticipation of those goodbyes gives me a knot in my stomach.

Sigh. But for now I'm going to enjoy the rest of the family minus Aaron week of relaxing in the Ozarks, and as much as possible try to keep the stomach knots away.

No comments: