Friday, January 6, 2012

If only DQ wasn't closed for the season

Christmas is over. Christmas was green. Ho hum. My wish for cold, snowy days is gone until next December. Today, January 6, 2012, I sat out on the deck and ate ice cream. It's currently 56 degrees. 56 DEGREES!!! Oh heck yes. This feels heavenly.
When I was home for Christmas in 2008, I remember thinking Al Gore and the Green Peacers were clearly off their gourd. The air temperature was something like -16, with wind chill temperatures around -45, or something dumb like that. Global warming what now? But this winter as snow shovels and ice scrapers lay unused, and my car doors have not frozen shut yet, I can't help but think this just doesn't quite feel right. It's very unJanuarylike, and great. So despite the damage being done to our beautiful planet, I would like to extend my sincerest gratitude to the gas guzzling car drivers, rice paddy farmers, Aqua Net hairspray users, and whatever/whoever else is causing this beautiful January day. I'm sure winter will return soon, so the ice scraper will stay in the backseat of my car, but it's nice while it lasts.

This is the latest video making the Facebook rounds among the English teachers in Korea crowd. You can't get stuff like this in the US. Pure gold.
Arways be true...

No comments: