I make no secret of the fact I HATE cold weather, especially when I feel cheated out of my yearly warm weather by an especially rainy Korean summer. In the cold, I turn into a grouchy hermit. I don't want to leave the warmth of the indoors. Even the quickest errands seem painful. I hate driving in winter weather. In my perfect world, the thermometer never gets below 80. I have no use for winter...
Except during Christmas. I love Christmas more than I hate winter. And snow is part of a perfect Christmas. This is a picture Eliza took last Christmas.
That is Christmas perfection.
This is a picture I took from our deck this morning.
That looks like early spring. It's been in the 40s for most of the past couple weeks. It feels like early spring. This is completely unacceptable Christmas weather. Christmas is cold and snowy, not gray and rainy.
All month I've been singing the line from the Snow song in the movie White Christmas, "What is Christmas with no snow? No white Christmas with no snow"
Le sigh. It's not been feeling much like Christmas this year, and I blame it on the lack of winter weather.
But at least the Morris family Christmas tree looks as good as ever. FYI-in addition to snow, another Christmas rule is a real tree must be used. It's one of Santa's laws.
And, for your holiday viewing enjoyment, here is a clip from White Christmas, which is a fantastic movie that everyone should watch.
ANNNNDDDD, as long as I'm on the subject of Christmas movies, here is a clip from It's a Wonderful Life, the best Christmas movie ever, and one of my all time favorite movies. If you have not seen it, shame on you. Drop what you are doing and watch it. Now. Seriously, SO GOOD! My mom's cat got his name from this movie.
1 comment:
I want to cry when I look at the picture from last year and the one from this year. I want my white Christmas!
Post a Comment