I've been getting asked why a lot, so I decided to stop being lazy and explain the thinking behind making my blog private.
There is one very simple reason-the world is not ready for my genius yet. Haha...but really...
So the other day I saw a "stats" tab at the top of the homepage. I had never noticed that before. Wow! Maybe it's new. Maybe I'm just not very observant. Either way, I clicked on it. I was pretty surprised by my stats. I have my blog set so that it is not searchable (is that even a word? Spell check tells me no) online. So if someone were to Google "Laura blog Bordeaux Seoul" or whatever they would not find me. It does not show up on Google, unless you Google "redwineandshellfish.blogspot.com" Then it is linked on some random blog website or something. But basically my blog is hardish to find. So I was a bit surprised when I found out there were 41 views from South Korea last week. There are only two people here who have the address of my blog, and one of those people I don't want reading it. But even so, 41 views when only two people I know of have the address here? I don't say anything horribly bad, but I would really prefer if my school does not read my blog. I don't know that they were, but I was freaked out by 41 views from Korea on my blog. Who is reading it? Who? WHOOOOOO? So I decided to make it private for awhile. Maybe people will stop checking it after a few months, and I will be able to change it back.
2 comments:
Maybe a dumb question, but have you set that so that your own visits to your blog don't get counted? I think there is a way to do that, but I have no idea if the one you are checking allows that or automatically does it.
Ummm...I don't really know. I generally don't go to my own blog, because the comments get emailed to me, so I never really have any reason to check it. I looked at some of the settings, but couldn't find any setting for that. Sorry, that was probably zero help. Haha.
Post a Comment