Student: Have you got a married?
Me: No, I am not married.
Student: Have you got a boyfriend?
Me: No, I am single.
Student: Ahhh...elle est célibataire. So you are alone?
Ha! Going to school is always good for my pride.
But yesterday was my last day at J. Jaures. It was super sad. A lot of the kids are in London, so it was kind of a weird day to begin with. But I did have my favorite class of 6emes, the youngest ones at the school. They are SO cute. So yesterday, I got to class and the teacher asked me to stand outside while the kids prepared something. I was outside for around 10 minutes before I was allowed back in the classroom. When I came back in, they were all standing in the front of the room, holding this card.
Each one read a line. It was sooooo stinking cute, I almost started crying. Then they gave me flowers, a ring, a bunch of chocolate, little pictures they had drawn, and a bunny. There are more pictures on my shutterfly page. I love those kids! Another teacher also gave me a book. It was very sweet.
French people love striking. The students at the university have been on strike all semester. I guess basically this semester will be a complete waste for them. They have manifestations every Thursday. This is Bordeaux 2, with their sign that says blocked.
For a few weeks now, we have been smelling the grossest of gross smells in the kitchen. I couldn't take it, and had to find the source of the smell. Huge shock, I found this science experience growing in NBG's cupboard. It was a leaky bottle, a sack of potatoes, and something else that I don't want to know what it is.
Things at chez Crazy Bones Dejean are not awesome right now. We have been without electricity in my room, Anya's room, and the bathroom for well over a week now. Our toilet is electric. We have no hot water for bathing or doing dishes. When the electricity first went off, we were a bit worried that Maryse would handle this like everything else-put it on the back burner until there is absolutely nothing else pressing to do, then take care of it. But we were initially optimistic that it would be fixed soon, although I think deep down that we knew better. Mama DJ is leaving until Thursday, meaning that we will be without electricity until at least this Thursday, two weeks after it went off. Luckily, we are leaving for Spain and Portugal on Monday. Hopefully by the time we return...
3 comments:
''you have got pretty eyes''... It was so funny that they teach the 'have got' phrase so much!!
Awwww, that letter is so cute! And very true!!
-katie g
I laughed and cried when I read this post. Cried because those kids are so cute, laughed because that picture they drew of you is spot on.
p.s.- Tell NBG i'm going to punch her in the throat.
-Eliza
Post a Comment